I tried this:
I thought it’d be a cute customized gift for my sister…and it probably would’ve been, had the ink stuck to the candle. I don’t know what went wrong. I used Staz-On ink, which is supposed to stay on everything, even non-porous surfaces. Didn’t. Beaded up and smeared bad. And I tried probably 20 or more times. (Side note: I DID learn that Goo Gone easily removes ink from candles. Good to know. For when future projects fail?)
So, I went to Jo-Ann’s and even bought the exact same ink that is used in the Pinterest tutorial. Same thing, still FAIL.
*Sigh*. I give up.
Or, I gave up for a couple of days.
Then I came across this:
I had epsom salt already (since *someone totally manly* likes foot baths…and he had it stored in the garage next to his foot bath/massager…), so I was excited to see if this would remedy the crappy printed candle attempt.
This was super easy and I’m glad to say they turned out pretty cute. I’m definitely going to be making some for myself next winter. 🙂
I hate when craft projects fail. But, like dad always says about me, I have always had confidence in trying things out and I don’t let one craft fail get me down. I just move on to the next thing. 🙂
I’m glad in cases like this where your craft fail can easily be masked as another craft and no one has to be the wiser….except all of you, dear blog readers…. 😉