But, you know. Changed it a little. (Cause I can’t ever follow directions.)
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 med white onion
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 (or more) cup of cilantro
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of garlic salt
- Throw everything into a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Test the consistency – should be a thick “dough” that you can mold with your hands without being too sticky. Add more flour as you need.
- I did NOT read that this needed to be refrigerated for a few hours (recipe hunting an hour before dinner, remember?!), so I threw the bowl in the freezer for a 1/2 hour while I prepared the rest of dinner…. Seemed to do just fine. 🙂
- Heat up a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan (just enough to barely cover the bottom).
- Form little patties and throw into the frying pan!
- These cooked really quickly and easily. I tried to do the whole “heat oil to 350 degrees” as was in the original instructions, but by doing so, I only darkened the first batch too quickly. For the second batch, I turned the heat down and was able to cook them longer at a lower heat to leave them golden brown but could leave them in the pan long time to actually cook them. 🙂
The second batch, cooking more golden brown. 🙂
These are so so good. And you feel totally satisfied without feeling heavy and overly full.
This was the dinner we ate them with:
Falafel, coleslaw salad and quinoa salad (from the same website as the falafel).
I will still think of Ross every time I hear “falafel”, but at least I have something (delicious) to link to it as well. 🙂