Yams, Quinoa, Broccoli Salad and Garlic Parmesan Panko Chicken
Since more of you are asking for food idea’s and because obviously, during the dinner hour, I know everyone is thinking “I wonder what Skyler & Kayla are eating right NOW?”, I am going to start showing you more of our dinner meals on this ol’ blog. 🙂
Starting with the other night:
Yams over a bed of Quinoa, Broccoli Salad and Garlic Parmesan Panko Chicken
Yams & Quinoa
- Boil about a cup – cup and 1/2 of quinoa in water.
- Peel and dice yams and throw them in a pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- Sprinkle on some cumin and garlic salt.
- Stir the yams every few minutes to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once they are almost done cooking, saute diced red onions and diced green bell pepper with the yams.
- When the quinoa is done, scoop some out to make a bed on a plate and spoon some of the yam dish over top.
I make my broccoli salad very very simply but I love it.
I can eat an entire big bowl of broccoli this way!
- Wash and cut up about 5-6 cups broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
- Put the broccoli in a mixing bowl.
- Add a cup of dried cranberries (no sugar added).
- Add a cup of dry roasted cashews.
- Mix together about 2/3 cup (more if needed to coat it all) of mayonnaise. (We use the Smart Balance kind. It tastes a little different, but now I love the flavor and prefer this over any other mayo taste!)
Garlic Parmesan Panko Chicken
I had already previously posted about this, so check it out here
More recipes coming up! Some healthy and some… definitely NOT healthy (but oh so good). 🙂
P.S. Zeek loved this meal. He loved picking up the cubed yams (which is one of his favorite things ever) and loved scooping up the “little balls” (quinoa) on his spoon. And he always loves my chicken! 😉